It's the most wonderful time of the year!
And what's better than to celebrate that time with other students in Utrecht?!
This Thursday, 17 december, we will be having an online christmas party, organised by CU Utrecht and UCU small group! There will be music, a role play, games, a talk and decorating cookies! Everything to get in the perfect Christmas spirit!
The party will be held through Zoom and everyone is welcome to join us! It will start at 20:00, the Zoom will be open at 19:45. The link to the Zoom will be posted on Facebook on Thursday. We hope to see you there!
If you're joining us we would love it if you would participate in baking your own cookies before the event starts so we can decorate them together! If you live in Utrecht, and you'd like some cookies delivered to your door you can send a message to the Christian Union Utrecht Facebook page.
Here is the recipe for the cookies:
125 g cold butter (or Zeeuwse meisjes margarine if you don’t want milk)
125 g sugar (fijne kristalsuiker in Dutch)
1 package of vanilla sugar (Dr Oetker brand)
250 g flour
- Cut the butter in cubes, add all the ingredients into a bowl and knead with your hands until you have a dough. (It’s a bit weird to knead raw eggs with your hands but I promise it’s not too bad).
- Once you have a homogenous dough transfer to the fridge and cool for 30 mins-1 hr.
- Then take it out, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, cover an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Spread some flour on the surface you’re working on. Roll out the dough on the surface to 0.5 cm thick, and then cut out cookies with the cookie cutter (if you don’t have any a small glass will do and will give you round ones).
- Transfer the cookies to the tray, put in the oven and bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
While the cookies bake, transfer the leftover dough back to the fridge because it’s easier to work with it when it’s cold.
When you're finished you have your Christmas cookies and you're ready for the party!