| December 17 2020
(U)CU hosts an online Xmas party! Get ready for music, a role play, games, a talk and cookies!
Invite your friends to this celebration. The link will be posted the CU Facebook page on the day itself.
To prepare for the festivities, we would love for you all to paricipate in baking cookies before the event, so we can decorate them together at the event! (If you live in Utrecht, and you'd like some cookies delivered to your door, please message the CU Facebook page)
Here is the recipe:
125 g cold butter (or Zeeuwse meisjes margarine if you don’t want milk)
125 g sugar (fijne kristalsuiker in Dutch)
1 package of vanilla sugar (Dr Oetker brand)
250 g flour
- Cut the butter in cubes, add all the ingredients into a bowl and knead with your hands until you have a dough. (It’s a bit weird to knead raw eggs with your hands but we promise it’s not too bad).
- Once you have a homogenous dough transfer to the fridge and cool for 30 mins-1 hr.
- Then take it out, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, cover an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Spread some flour on the surface you’re working on. Roll out the dough on the surface to 0.5 cm thick, and then cut out cookies with the cookie cutter (if you don’t have any a small glass will do and will give you round ones).
- Transfer the cookies to the tray, put in the oven and bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cookies bake, transfer the leftover dough back to the fridge because it’s easier to work with it when it’s cold.
You have your Christmas cookies!!